www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ten on Tuesday

1. We finally have only one child in diapers. Yay Will. It's been a long, slow road and I know it's still going to take a lot of work on everyone's part to remain comitted and accident free. But we're in underwear and we're not going back. Expect to see a drastic drop in Pampers stock :)

2. The only major hurdle left in the potty training is pooping. Will waits until bedtime (an absolute first for him) and the nighttime pull-up to be put on, put in bed, and poops. Every single night. I hear this is typical behavior with most potty trainers but it's on my very last nerve.

3. Will is obsessed with the Cowboys and Indians and the Western channel. He loves and I mean loves John Wayne and old western shows. The other day Jason was watching a war movie with John Wayne and Will said "LOOK Daddy, the Cowboy's on tv!!"

4. Isabella and Amelia are official swimmers. They can both swim unassisted across the deep end of the swimming pool. They think they're big time now. I have to admit, Jason and I are both very proud of them.

5. Drew is allergic to Zinc Oxide. I knew this because of the diaper rash/diaper cream drama. I totally forgot about zinc oxide being in sunscreen. I switched sunscreen after reading a report about the negative effects of spray versus lotion and wouldn't you know, the lotion I switched to contains 14.5%. So my poor baby boy has a terrible rash and blisters all over his face.

6. We celebrated Drew's first birthday this weekend. I still can't believe he's turning one tomorrow. Wow, this year has gone by too quickly.

7. We have less than a month of summer vacation left. While I've enjoyed all the long hours at the pool, I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to a normal routine with the kids.

8. Three more weeks of Mother's Morning Out. I can't thank our church enough, and the ladies who provide this service FOR FREE every Wednesday morning, for doing this. You provide some tired moms with a few hours to themselves each week. I wish everyone was blessed enough to have the wonderful church family that we have found.

9. Will is FINALLY swimming in his puddle jumper. I really think he did this today to impress his little girlfriend but he was swimming in it. Alone and not screaming. In the deep end. With water in his face. I'll take it.

10. I am still waiting on my Mother's Day present to arrive. In case anyone is wondering exactly how long it takes to ship something from China to the southern US? The answer is three months. Jason is more annoyed about this than I am. It's taking so long I kind of passed annoyed 4 weeks ago.

No comments: