www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Wow, what a week..I will start by saying Jason is officially a full time student. He is also on a month long hiatus, already bored and looking for a part-time job to fill his time.

2. He is "unqualified" to work at Lowes and they are looking in to more qualified applicants for the jobs he applied for. I've been to our Lowe's and I'm not sure what they're basing their hiring qualifications on. Let's just say the bar's not set very high..it's not even at mediocre. My husband applies and gets turned down before he even gets an interview. He's a West Point Graduate, three tours of duty, several military honors, (I'll stop before he gets embarrassed) but is unqualified to work at Lowes. You're selling lawn mowers and washing machines, I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

3. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.. the girls continue to do great. I must admit they both do better under the water rather than on top of the water. We're at the pool almost every day and love when our friends can join us. For those of you that ask, we wear SPF 50 every day..

4. Will learned a little lesson in self defense last week and I think I shocked the mother of the child he hit for allowing him to hit her child back. Will is 2, her kid is 4. He picks at Will daily. He had been slapping him across the face with a pool noodle all day and finally Will had enough. He slapped the kid across the back with a water gun. Kid starts crying, mom comes over, puts my kid in time out. Nooooo you didn't. (I believe in letting kids work out their differences themselves. I think we as parents step in and correct situations too often and the kids depend on us later in life to always do this. So I try to stay out of most kid fights.) 1. Don't put my kid in time out - I'm quite capable of parenting. 2. If you're going to throw a sucker punch, be prepared for the "sucker" to eventually punch back..

5. We have several birthday parties this month. Bella went to one last Saturday, Amelia has one this Saturday, Drew's First Birthday is in two weeks :( and we have another birthday party the weekend after. Who knew there were so many July babies?? I love icing so I'm ready for all the birthday cake!!

6. We (I made the decision, Jason did the labor) turned Drew's car seat around this weekend. I know it's a little early but the kid is huge (23 pounds) and it was nearly impossible to strap him in backwards. He looked like a frog sitting there with his legs scrunched out to the side. I also packed up the majority of the bottles because he is down to one of whole milk at night. Only because he doesn't drink a lot during the day and I'm worried about him dehydrating.

7. I'm a little sad that the Wee Man is turning one. This year went by so quickly and he really has been the best little booger of all. He is hands down the fan favorite of his older siblings. He never cries and just laughs uncontrollably at their silliness. What's not to love?!

8. As calm as Drew is in his daily life, he is not calm about a diaper change. He brings it as soon as you lay him down. He's twisting, turning, hopping around, you name a move, he's done it. Screaming bloody murder the entire time. He no longer get the courtesy of a diaper change on a changing table. Or my carpet. He's on the cold, hard wood. It's easier to sanitize after the mess.

9. Bath time is also a favorite time at our house. The youngest little member loves his bath. He hates to get out of the bath and again, screams his head off. (Are we sensing a pattern.) I can't even wrap him up in the towell and he's twisting in all directions and turbo crawling back to the bathtub. Blood red, shaking his hand and screaming at the top of his lungs. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. There will be another bath and another fit when we get out.

10. Will is very into clothes. His favorite outfits are winter clothes right now (yes, with the heat index it's over 100) and a HOODED size 8 OSU sweatshirt that he's swimming in. He also likes to wear the pants and t-shirt backwards. Every morning I catch myself singing the KrissKross song. Ahh, the memories. He likes to accessorize with a belt, one of Jason's nasty hats, cowboy boots or argyle socks and keens. Nothing says little old man like argyles and sandals. And don't think he hasn't gone to school with the socks and sandals because some days, after making sure all his clothes are the appropriate season and facing the correct direction, I'm just too tired to argue about socks.

No comments: