www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. It has been a really hectic last two weeks. Between the dance recital, company leaving, my grandfather dying (a seperate post to follow), the viewing 36 hours later and trying to get to my parents house in time, Memorial Day..breathe in, breathe out.

2. This is the first time we returned here and I felt like I was coming home. I have always in the past associated Columbus with home but this time I was looking forward to getting home to my home, here. It was a huge epiphany for me.

3. I have wrestled back and forth with the idea of making the blog private/keeping it public. I know that a lot of you would not bother with logging in with a password so I really hate to make it private. However, my children and their safety are my number one concern. For now I've decided to leave it open and just eliminate the specific names of events, places, etc.

4. We returned to a rainy Memorial Day and rainy week. We were finally able to get some much needed pool time in last Saturday with the entire family. I'm really hoping the girls will be fully swimming by the end of summer.

5. Friday night we hosted our church group at our house for dinner. Three other couples came over and my friend Kathleen, who is responsible for all the vegetable eating and the BEST cook I know, brought all the food. I hosted and cleaned, she cooked. It worked for everyone and everyone had a fantastic time.

6. We attended a birthday party for one of our favorite neighbor's at the LG early Saturday evening. Totally awesome and the kids had an absolute blast. I can't say enough about LG and their parties. It's like walking into a room of sunshine and you don't have to do a thing.

7. We went to a neighborhood icecream social Saturday night. Have I mentioned how much I love our neighborhood? I love, love, love it here. There are tons of kids and we have become good friends with the neighbors that live directly behind us.

8. Summer dance started yesterday also. Isabella is taking creative movement with Mrs. BE and loves it. I decided since Amelia was the youngest student in the studio last year, she was going to repeat preschool one this year. She's loving it just as much as before and is now in class with a few of her friends from school.

9. VBS kicked off yesterday. Between my own four kids and 14 4th graders, I am exhausted. But I'm having a blast and am really lucky to be helping teach with a good friend of mine.

10. Even better, my own kids are having a blast in VBS. Bella especially is loving it. She can sing all the songs and is currently belting out "yes to VBS" at the top of her lungs. Drew, her biggest fan, is laughing so hard he's barely coming up for air.

1 comment:

Simon and Molly said...

i just decided to make my blog private. email me your address so I can send you an invite... bisson@comcast.net