www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Drew is getting his first four teeth. He's having a rough time with it and I feel really bad that he's suffering through four teeth at once.

2. Drew just started letting go and standing alone. He's getting braver. He's also started showing a bit of his temper now. He's slow to anger but when he's made you better get out of his way.

3. VBS was awesome last week!! The girls are still singing all the songs they learned this week. I had a great time teaching my 4th graders.

4. I signed the girls up for private swimming lessons. They're going two nights a week for three weeks. They're both really close to swimming and I'm hoping this gets them where they need to be.

5. Speaking of the pool, yesterday was an eventful day for us there. Will fell into the deep end. I was in the baby end with Drew and had been asking him to get out. I started to walk over to get him and a little kid ran into me. I looked up to see where Will was (he usually takes off if he sees me coming) and didn't see him anywhere. I looked in the water and there he was. I got over there as fast as I could and in Drew and I went to get him. I was terrified and FURIOUS with him.

6. Will got stung by another bee. He had some pretty bad swelling and I called the doctor and he referred us to an allergist. I'm anxious to see what he's allergic to and to see if he will need shots.

7. The heat is miserable here already. It's usually in the upper 70s by 5AM when I go out to walk. The air is so thick I feel like I could chew it. People don't live here for the weather that's for sure.

8. I'm at the end of my rope with potty training. Will uses the potty every time I put him on it but he refuses to ask me to use it himself unless we are at the pool. I'm annoyed with changing diapers and really wanted to have him out of diapers by the end of next month. I guess we'll see what happens.

9. We had a very special guest, Mr A, Jason's old interpreter for dinner this weekend. Jason hasn't seen him in five years and I enjoyed finally meeting him in person. His story was inspiring and it was an honor to have him stay with us.

10. Tomorrow begins summer drop off at church. I'm am very excited to have four hours a week completely to myself. Am I going to clean? Go grocery shopping? Do something productive with all this kid free time on my hands? Nope. I'm meeting my favorite kid-free ladies for breakfast and camping out at the pool to relax. Pure bliss.

No comments: