www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, December 21, 2008

weekend recap

This weekend was a busy one for all of us. Jason took the kids to Target Saturday during the middle of a monsoon for an adventure. The girls absolutely love Target and usually ask to go there at least once a week. They easily identify the red bullet from the car and can aimlessly wonder the aisles for hours. Saturday night our friends Mr Paul and Miss Kathy came over for dinner and a fantastic visit. "Grandpa" Baker gave many airplane rides and tickled until I didn't think the kids could laugh anymore. We love our Alabama Bakers..who also happen to hail from the great state of Ohio. Go Bucks!

On Sunday, I had the best wake up call ever from one of my oldest friends Sheri. She delivered a healthy baby girl, Addison Marie, five weeks early. I am so happy for their family and can't wait to see Miss Addison in person very soon. We then loaded everyone up and drove to Nashville for a day of shopping and dinner out with Miss Jenny, one of my high school friends. Bella adores Miss Jenny and would not leave her alone at dinner. Thankfully Miss Jenny is fantastic with children and tolerated all the touching with a smile.

Our adventure will continue tomorrow with another trip to the pediatrician. (I think this is our 7th in six weeks.) While I am not a doctor, I am willing to bet anything Will's double ear infection from two weeks ago is back. He is still crankier than usual, falling all over the place and won't keep his hands off or out of his ears. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Lastly, we are counting down the few remaining days til Christmas and the girls lists continue to grow each day:) Little do they know Santa finished his shopping in October and now he needs to get a move on with the wrapping.

No comments: