www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Jason reached fifteen years of service on June 1st. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished along this long selfless road..

2. 1820 days until retirement. After the weekend and week that we have had, it can't come soon enough. We will have one more PCS after this and then it's peace-out..

3. Still waiting on final word on where Jason is going. Again. I will go on record as saying the assignments guy - especially one that's been on the job for two weeks- is my least favorite guy in the army..

4. I hope that all the Dads out there had a Happy Father's Day.. We spent Sunday at church and later the best Daddy in the world took his favorite kids to the swimming pool..

5. In honor of Father's Day I didn't want to disappoint my own Father and decided that Ten on Tuesday better actually show up on Tuesday this week when the World's Greatest Dad likes to read it. Happy Fathers Day Poppy, we love and miss you!!

6. We have been swimming every day since last Monday. Will actually puts his face under water now and is working on opening his eyes. Drew can blow bubbles in the water and Amelia now has the confidence to swim across the pool completely by herself. She could alawys swim but just wasn't so sure about herself.

7. Bella has been reading Junie B. Jones every day this summer. She is now reading "quietly in her head" some days which makes me laugh to myself.

8. Yesterday I asked Will what he would like for breakfast and he replied, Nene..I miss her. Not pancakes or eggs for Will. Nene.

9. Drew is slowly but surely talking more. Last night he said "Bella read me." and handed her a book.

10. Drew is also the only one of our kids that is brave enough (or crazy enough) to sneak my Diet Mt Dew at the swimming pool. It is in a cup with a straw and he likes to sip away. The other kids have never liked anything with carbonation..Drew could care less as long as it comes with a straw!

No comments: