www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

i am a slacker

October has been a rough month for us. Jason has been traveling all month and I have been on my own for most of October. This last trip was by far the worst trip. EVER. The kids did not understand why their dad was gone and of course they didn't sleep the entire time. Bella asked me repeatedly why they couldn't send someone else's Daddy because her daddy had already been gone for two whole weeks. Will carried a picture frame around the house for two entire days. He finally found one of the Daddy dolls we own and carried that around the rest of the time. Every morning he would see it and say "DAD!!!" and give it a huge hug. Every single day I would find it in my closet behind the door where Jason always keeps his uniforms. I can laugh about it now but at the time it made me so sad for him. He totally did not understand.
Our soccer season is finally over. It rained most of September and we had to cancel several weeks of practices and games and extend the season two extra weeks. We will be having our end of the season party next week. We had Christmas pictures taken last weekend and I'm hoping for one good image for the Christmas card. Just one. It's probably wishful thinking with four kids. We attended an awesome birthday party for one of Bella's friends at LG last weekend. It was wonderful and we didn't even make it out of the parking lot before Bella asked me if she could have her birthday there. I feel guilty because Bella's birthday is on or right before or after Thanksgiving. I don't want her to grow up and say "we never did anything for my birthday because of Thanksgiving." To make matters worse, we will be heading to see the mouse ears the day after Amelia's birthday. We're having dinner and dessert with the princesses to celebrate so I feel like I need to do something for Bella. She has really been talking about her birthday this year. Apparently this is a huge thing at preschool because some of the other mothers are hearing the same thing from their kids.
We took the kids to the fall festival at church tonight and to the neighbors to trick or treat. Will was a dinosaur and as soon as he put his costume on said ROAR!! Drew was not so excited about the caterpillar getup he was required to wear and was more interested in chewing on his hood. We hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween!!



as good as it gets with the hungry caterpillar and exploring dinosaur.

1 comment:

Simon and Molly said...

Hang in there. I know how hard it is when daddies are away!
Also, birthday's are becoming a big deal around here too. Lulu has been planning her birthday party for the past 2 months and I hear about it almost every day.