www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, May 9, 2009

she buzzed my baby

One of my least favorite things about the military is having to find a new hair stylist every time we move. I am extremely particular about hair and it's usually stressful to find someone I trust and feel comfortable with. It usually takes me several appointments before I actually relax and know that I am not going to walk out of the salon with dark brown hair and red highlights. (An actual experience that I still have nightmares about.) My pickiness about hair also applies to the children. The girls go to my stylist and we have tried several for Mr Will. The only locations I absolutely love and am pleased with the actual result are in Columbus. There is an awesome kids salon there with personal televisions for each station and airplanes, school buses and tractors to sit in. While we schedule an appointment every time we are home, seven hours is a little too far to drive for a haircut.

I was super excited when a kid's salon opened up here and couldn't wait to take Will. I thought it would be just like the ones at home. The salon itself is awesome. Will's haircuts on the other hand have gone from bad to worse. The first time Jason took him and it was way to short. This time I took him and sat there in total shock as I see his already short hair becoming even shorter. I asked for a "fade" with hair long enough to comb over on top. What I walked out with was a $17 buzz cut that I could have done at home myself. Jason has always said the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is two weeks. I think it will be a solid eight before his hair is long enough to even need combed.
Here's my happy little guy. I think he's only smiling because he doesn't know she shaved his head.

No comments: