www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, May 18, 2009

peace, love and crabs

A wise woman once told me that as a mother, I would learn to pick my battles. It is a lesson that I learned rather quickly. Clothing is a major sticking point with both my girls. I think it is important that they are allowed to develop a sense of independence and express individuality and their own sense of style. Even at 4 and 2. Bella and Amelia choose each day what they want to wear. Some days it matches, some days it does not. There are absolutely no mid-day outfit changes in this house so they better like it enough to wear it all day. Since I have adopted and explained this policy to them, they don't put up much of a fight on the days that their clothing options are non-negotiable. You have probably heard about or seen Bella's striped dresses in person. If you've seen us out and about recently or seen any pictures of Amelia then you already know what she's most likely wearing. Her "rainbow shirt" and of course, her "potty shoes" (we never leave the house without those on our feet).

Ahh yes, a tie dyed t-shirt from Joe's Crab Shack. I'm sure you're all jealous. Jason picked this up on a business trip and Amelia totally fell in love with it. She has even taken over Will's shirt so she can wear this lovely ensemble 3-4 times a week. This is one of those battles I have chosen to let her win. I just can't compete with Joe's and sparkly shoes.

No comments: