www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

old school

Jason and I have recently been discussing our "life plan". Currently we are trying to figure out where Jason will attend grad school and our next station after grad school is completed. As of now our hope is to move home while Jason attends OSU. We are currently discussing the timeline and trying to figure out where we would be able to find a nice house to rent. I'm a little leery but I know with some work and research, it can be accomplished. Jason is very thorough with all phases of planning and usually has several spreadsheets with all his current research on every option listed. Grad school has been no exception. He has already started looking at real estate to get an idea of what the market is like.

The other day Jason was on the computer and told me he was looking at houses for rent. He had found several large houses with 5,6 even 8 bedrooms. All were newly remodeled. Wow. I was impressed and interested to see what he had come up with. I decided to take a look. I see several large, fully brick older homes. There's something distinctly familiar about these houses. I asked him for the addresses and he rattles off 12th, 13th, 14th Avenues, Chittenden and Indianola. All were off-campus houses for OSU. I looked at him and asked if he's serious. His reply, "What's the matter with off-campus housing? It's close to campus and would be really accessible." I couldn't even hold back my laughter.

I'm pretty sure at 30, with four small children, off campus housing isn't the place for us. I know the keg parties, bar hopping and "after hours" are pretty hard to pass up. (Especially for someone that never experienced them the first time around:) It was a lot of fun in my early 20s but I don't think I'm really ready to be known as the "old neighbors". I think I'm going to have to put my foot down and insist on a more suitable family neighborhood. Definitely one that does not have "off campus housing" mentioned in the advertisement.

1 comment:

Simon and Molly said...

so funny, I am sure you will figuresomething out. Would be convenient to walk home from tailgating!