www.simplicitybychristy.com

Friday, October 17, 2008

our week in review

Tuesday I took the kids to the doctor for their annual flu shots. Isabella does not like shots and asks me prior to every visit whether or not she has to get one. For some reason Tuesday she forgot to ask me and didn't remember until she heard one of the nurses mention it at which point she started crying and continued to cry until the doctor came in. Lucky for him the nurse was off that day so our actual pediatrician was the one giving the shots. Poor guy. Usually the girls love the doctor and only get agitated when they see the "shot nurse" as Bella calls her. They calmed down of course after the shots, gave Dr. Jain a hug and were back to being friends. Bella and Will did fine with their shots and had no reaction. Amelia continued to complain all day about her leg. I gave her Advil and let her take an extra long nap. At bath time that night I pulled the band aid off her leg and there were two huge welts were the actual band aid had been. Amelia always complains about band aids and wants them off as soon as they are put on..weird considering most children treat band aids like stickers. I called the doctor the next morning and we were told she most likely has a latex allergy. They told me not to worry, to keep her away from latex for now and as she got older we would see where to go with it. Okay but I'm thinking this is a pretty big allergy to just go with. I guess we'll see.

In other news, I put in my two weeks notice at my part-time job and my last day will be next Saturday. It is bittersweet for me. I really enjoy working and interacting with the girls and I'm really going to miss that. This store and I weren't a good fit and it's time I move on.

No comments: