www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Break in Ohio


Isabella was on fall break last week from all activities and we decided to take advantage of the break and take a trip. We headed to Ohio and spent the week visiting friends and family. The first weekend we left the kids with NeNe and Poppy and Jason and I traveled to Minster for the annual Oktoberfest. I hadn't been back in 3 years and it was nice to see people I haven't seen in years and Jason enjoyed all the jugs of beer. We also took the kids to the Fair while we were in town. The girls wanted to ride the rides this year and were pretty cute..unfortunately I didn't have my camera for most of them. They also rode the ponies. Amelia's pony was named Joey and she was a bit skeptical at first but eventually he grew on her. The entire ride she kept saying "Whoa Joey Whoa". Isabella was more serious and didn't say a word the entire time she rode her pony Dollar. We went to Lynd's Fruit Farm and picked some apples and a few pumpkins. We don't get a lot of chances to pick apples in Alabama and the kids had a fantastic time. Now I just have to find some time to make some pies!! Jason and I also had a chance to do some tailgating and go to Hineygate while we were in town. There really is no place I would rather be during football season than at Hineygate and we had a blast being back on campus again..it had been too long for us. And lastly Will is taking steps on his own and we think he will be walking soon!!

1 comment:

Simon and Molly said...

glad you had a great time. So sorry we were not in town for the fun. We are headed there in 2 weeks for the penn state game. And you are not crazy for shopping early, I am almost done with all my shopping and the girls are going to be so excited and I don't have to wait in lines and worry about running out of what they want.