www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

then and now

We just returned from a quick to CBus for the weekend. We had a family reunion and went to pick up Nene, who will be staying with us for a few weeks. YAY!! We love the extended Nene visits. Jason and I have a wedding coming up in Indiana but I will post about that later. According to Isabella we have not officially arrived in Ohio until we drive by the Miranova and pass through downtown. Then she announces we are finally in Ohio and "the big city". It is the same every time.


Saturday morning Isabella, Amelia and I headed to Easton for some shopping. There are probably less stressful things to do on a Saturday morning than lug two toddlers shopping but there are very few things that come between me and chance to go to Nordies or Easton in general. After a few hours shopping and lunch we headed off to see my 4H Club. We spent Saturday afternoon with a very special family that I used to nanny for. Halston, Holland, Helena and Holden and their wonderful parents Marian and Shreve. When I started watching them 9 years ago, the twins were 8 months, Holland was 4 and Halston 6. Holland is now almost as tall as me and Halston is over six feet tall. The twins who were babies are now in third grade. When I think back to all I learned from taking care of them I know that I am a better mother because of it. I am amazed at how they have grown and how well mannered they still are. I still enjoy sitting and talking to them and hearing what is going on in there lives. My little Helena watched and entertained my girls the entire visit..she has always been the little mother. Even though they aren't my own children, each of them will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: