www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

disclaimer

For those of you that know me best you know that my memory is outstanding. I remember all too the clearly the crazy antics of my friends and I, some we would like to forget, before we were wives and mothers. I can remember the exact outfits Jason and I were wearing and how he was standing on the day I met him. I have always said for me, losing my memory would be the worst thing possible. Other than the obvious of course. Most of you also know that I have always had migraines and they have gotten worse through college and after. With each passing child they have gotten unbearable. After Will, I finally had to go on a daily preventative medicine and the main side effect is memory loss. The migraines returned after Drew. They usually happened about once a week and started affecting my vision among other things. I would be somewhere and couldn't drive home or remember one of the kids' names. Scary. I got so stressed about when the next one was going to happen and I knew I couldn't put it off any longer. I obviously needed the medication.

I'm not writing this so you feel sorry for me or worry about me. I am FINE. I just want you to be aware that I may seem a little different right now and I just wanted to try and explain why. I'm a lot more forgetful. (Yesterday I locked myself out of my own email because I couldn't remember the new password from enter to re-confirm.) I may ask the same question 7 times. My spelling is horrible and certain words aren't always caught by spellcheck. I know how to spell, I promise. My blogs might not make sense the first time you read them and I may have to do some editing later. I might quit talking mid-sentence because I lost my train of thought or can't think of the word I wanted to use. My body will adjust to the medicine in time and my memory will get a little better. For right now please be patient with me.

No comments: